- Register your phone number with the National Do-Not-Call registry at 1-888-382-1222.
- Keep careful records of all transactions and shred documents before throwing them away.
- Trust your instincts. If an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Research a business at bbb.org prior to doing business with them.
- Never do business with someone who shows up at your door before doing your research.
- Avoid giving out personal information to an unknown caller or through e-mail.
- Do not wire money before verifying who the money is going to.
- Resist high pressure sales tactics. Take your time and ask questions before making any decisions.
Click here to download Marketplace Do's & Don'ts for Seniors flyer