Applications are now being accepted for the 2013 Torch Scholarships!
Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Monday, December 2, 2013.
- $2,000 - First place
- $1,500 - Second place
- $1,000 - Third place
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATIONESSAY CRITERIA
- Current college-bound high school juniors, seniors and college undergraduates who reside within BBB’s 33-county service area (Beaufort, Carteret, Chatham, Craven, Duplin, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Granville, Greene, Halifax, Harnett, Hoke, Hyde, Johnston, Jones, Lee, Lenoir, Martin, Moore, Nash, Onslow, Orange, Pamlico, Person, Pitt, Tyrrell, Vance, Wake, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Wilson).
- Essay topic: “How can ethical businesses utilize social media to reach younger demographics?”
- Essay must be student’s original work, 400-500 words, typed, on 8.5”x11” paper.
- Essay to be evaluated by an independent panel of judges on effectiveness in presenting a point of view, thoughtful interpretation of the topic, grammar, and spelling.
- Entries are due by 5PM, Monday, December 2, 2013.
- Send your completed packet (letter of recommendation, essay, transcript, and application) to BBB, Attn: Mallory Wojciechowski, 5540 Munford Rd., Ste. 130, Raleigh, NC 27612.
- All entries become the property of Better Business Bureau.
- Scholarship winners will be notified by mid-December 2013.
- Winners will be recognized at a luncheon in early 2014.
Congratulations to the 2012 Torch Scholarship Winners!
Catherine Foley (Wake Forest-Rolesville High School)
Meagan Norman (East Carteret High School)
Sydney Pfaff (West Carteret High School)
Bridget Ryan (Kaplan University and Pless & Company CPAs)
Click here to learn about BBB Torch Awards, created to showcase ethical companies and charities in eastern North Carolina that build trust, advertise honestly, tell the truth, remain transparent, and honor their promises.